To make an impact in the world, you need to appear in front of others and share ideas.
But public speaking fills many people with terror. This holds back the individual, and deprives the world of something wonderful.
“I’ve hated public speaking all my life and I suspect it’s held me back both professionally & socially – will watch out for what’s coming with much interest.”
- email from P.K.
Learning the essentials is like giving yourself a handrail to hold onto as you step into the spotlight.
Hi, I’m John-Paul Flintoff. This part of my website is about the art of Speaking Well Enough. It builds on A Modest Book About How To Make An Adequate Speech. Learning to enjoy public speaking can be quite mind-blowing, giving you all kinds of exciting ideas that you will want to put into action.
- If you want to make the world a better place, you have more chance if you tell people.
- If you dread making presentations for work, you can learn to overcome that.
- If you dread making a speech at a private event, you can learn to overcome that.
- If you’re self employed, you can acquire confidence sharing your work with a wider audience.
- If you’re a speech-writer, but rarely give speeches yourself, you can learn what your clients are going through.
- If you give some kinds of talks already, you can extend your repertoire.
- And in this age of Zoom, you can always pick up more techniques to make online engagement work for you.
Sign up now
for a free series of emails:
If you represent an organisation and would like me to speak, please jp at this domain name, Jaime Marshall.