“From High Flyer to Rock Bottom”
Pen and ink/watercolour drawings, made in psychiatric hospital and afterwards. Shown at:
- Slaughter and May, February 2019
- Macfarlanes, May 2019
- HarperCollins, May 2019
- Linklaters, Oct 2019
- Mishcon de Reya, Oct 2019
- Birketts, Nov 2019
“Drawing for better mental health”
Workshop using own images as invitation to participants to create.
- Slaughter and May, May 2019
“Handmade books: a masterclass and exhibition”
Demonstration using dozens of sketchbooks, of assorted structures, made and subsequently drawn in by me.
- Wigtown Literary Festival, Scotland
- Selfridges, London
- The Idler Academy, London
Created improvised art using found objects, at flea market in Paris, in BBC4 Documentary about Surrealism.
- “John-Paul Flintoff is the most practical dreamer I know…” BBC4 presenter Philippa Perry (pictured left)
Interviewed and wrote about, among others, Tracey Emin, Billy Childish, Anthony Gormley, Outsider Art, Nazi looted art, Tate Britain’s hidden archive, child prodigies, and the passion of individual private collectors.
- The Financial Times
- The Sunday Times
- The Idler
- Harpers Bazaar
Published in book format alongside work from (among others) Grayson Perry.
- “On being Noble (Tribute to Octavia Hill)”
Hampstead School of Art, 2008-2012
- Painting in oils, acrylics
- Life drawing
- Print making
Special award for outstanding young artist in Kensington and Chelsea, aged 14.
- “In Coventry (seascape with figures)”, Leighton House
Starting in 2019, I have sold original drawings, sketches and paintings to more than 25 people. My works can be found in the collections of:
- Professor Henrietta Bowden-Jones OBE (psychiatrist)
- Ms Julia van Beuningen (musician)
- Mr Mike Abrahams (artist/designer/athlete)
- Dr Angela Mooney (psychologist)
- Friends of the late Ms Farah Tazeen Ahmad (journalist and TV presenter)
- Mr M. A. B. (economist)
- Ms F. B. (lawyer)
- Mr Jaime Marshall (literary agent)